Home warranty companies, 2017
If you want a home warranty, check out the top home warranty companies, 2017.
What a home warranty does for you
A home warranty fills a major gap in your insurance coverage left by homeowner’s insurance, which typically covers catastrophic damage, but not ordinary wear and tear. It covers things like your plumbing, water heater, refrigerator, heating, central air, stove, dishwasher, washer/dryer and so on, along with installations such as swimming pools. If one of these items breaks over the course of the warranty period, the home warranty company will cover the cost of its repair or replacement (minus the deductible) and will send a repair service to do the work. Precisely what the policy covers, and what the limitations are, depends on the policy itself.
If you would like to try a home warranty, be sure to shop around. There are many options, some of which are better suited to your needs than others. And of the companies who offer these warranties, some are more reliable than others.
Top home warranty companies, 2017
Here are some of the nation’s top home warranty companies, as of 2017:
• First American Home Warranty has been in business since 1984. They are headquartered in Canoga Park, California, but operate nationwide.
• Choice Home Warranty has been in business since 2008. They are headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, but have offices in New York and Texas.
• TotalProtect Home Warranty has been in business since since 2007. They are headquartered in Sunrise, Florida.
• American Home Shield has been in business since since 1971. They are headquartered in Memphis, but have locations in California, Iowa, Louisiana, Georgia, Virginia and Texas.
• Select Home Warranty has been in business since since 2012. They are headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and have an office in Virginia.
But there are a lot more of them. Some have better reputations than others, and their reputations can change substantially over time. Choice Home Warranty has risen sharply in the BBB’s ratings over the past two and a half years, although it has yet to receive accreditation from that institution. This is why it’s important to stay up to date.
A shortcut to finding the right home warranty plan for you
Home Warranty Reports is a company that does its own assessments of home warranty service providers nationwide. They spend their time looking at the fine print of home warranty plans to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises for homeowners, and studying the companies themselves to see how good they are at holding up their end of the bargain. They can put you in touch with the most reliable home warranty service providers in your area. So if you’re trying to find the best home warranty companies, 2017, Home Warranty Reports can help you. Get a free quote today.